Saturday 27 February 2016

Stampin Up Creating Beautiful Backgrounds

Morning everyone. Well what an exciting day yesterday. I went to the MakeIt show in Farnborough. This is a huge and I mean huge craft fair. I arrived shortly after 9am and didn't leave until gone 4pm and I'm back again today. I love going to fairs where there are lots of workshops and make and takes as it is great for honing skills, learning new techniques and generally having fun. 

One thing I really enjoy is creating realistic backgrounds and then using silhouette stamps. This showcase is an idea that was shared by one of the lovely ladies in my Stampin family which I have tweaked in my own style using the lovely Serene Silhouette stamp set which has gorgeous silhouette stamps ideal for this.

I cut a mask in a full length piece of cardstock for the hills and the layered in shades of green. A circular mask was used for the sun and blended in yellows and purples. Adding the lovely bitty butterflies with dimensionals just made the card pop.
Using a square card and mounting on black again frames the piece perfectly.
All products used are from the current Stampin Up catalogues which you can find by clicking on the link above and if you do order please use me Jane Allmark as your demonstrator of choice.

Thank you all so much for viewing my blog daily. I love seeing how many of you lovely people pop in daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment