Monday 15 February 2016

Stampin Up How to make your own DSP

Morning everyone! Happy Monday. Well yesterday was Valentines Day so I hope you all had a lovely day and were spoiled by family & friends. For me Valentines 3 years ago took a whole new and wonderful meaning as my gorgeous grandson was born. So it was a special day seeing a little boy open his presents and give everyone the biggest hugs ever.

Any ways enough of me, back to the how to.  DSP is fab designer series paper for full title and it can add to a card as a background or as a focal point. But for many of us on a budget or if you want to coordinate perfectly with a project making your own is an easy really fun way to add interest too. 

Firstly choose the stamp set you want to work with Stampin Up as always have a fab range of rubber wood and clear mount and photopolymer. It is a good idea to pick something with a mixture of different sized stamps & details to give your dsp interest and to help fill in all of the spaces. Choose your ink pads. Again less is more sometimes so I normally go with three because you can always add more but it is difficult to take it away.  I always start with the largest stamps and lay down a  random pattern. Then I change colour and start filling in and keep adding different stamps and colours until I get the desired effect.

This background I used Botanical Blooms a 17 piece photopolymer set 140757 for only £15. I started with the large leaf vein and smaller leaf vein in always artichoke and the rectangular leaf vein in crumb cake to lay down the base. Then Iadded different flowers centre in 3 complimentary colours. As these were quite delicate I could be bold in the colour choice. Then by just adding a sentiment, this one is the freebie with a £45 purchase, a finished card is easily achieved.

So have fun playing with stamp sets and ink pads and create your own one off dsp backgrounds.

Tomorrow I will show you how to take this technique one step further by using gold embossing for another unique look. 

Stampin Up products can be purchased on their website and please use me Jane Allmark as your demonstrator of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment