Friday 5 May 2017

Mixed Media Basics

I thought I would do a video with some of my tips in starting out with mixed media. This is sometimes a bit of a daunting task when you begin & I am still in the trial and error stage but love creating a piece of wall art on canvas.

Canvas - you can spend a fortune on good canvas but for beginning and practising, inexpensive canvas board is great and comes in lots of sizes. I start small as less daunting.

Glue - PVA glue if you go to the DIY store they sell gallon containers of PVA for a few pounds saving you loads compared to the small tubs of modge podge or craft PVA and is the same stuff.

Tissue paper - my favourite tip. Stamp and colour this to go straight on the canvas as stamping directly onto canvas never gives a crisp image.

Dies used - Dragonfly Dreams Thinlets Dies, Butterflies Thinlets dies, and Sunshine Wishes.

Colours used - Sweet Sugarplum, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral.

Watch the video and subscribe to my channel for inspiration and then just have a go.

This is the finished project. I wrapped the edges of the tissue paper round the canvas before adding the dsp and when the whole project was finished I sponged round the edge of the whole canvas in green to blend everything together and just finish it off.

Loved doing this so hope you will have a go too and all the Dies are available through the shop button above.

No comments:

Post a Comment