Friday 21 March 2014

Stampin' Up! Basket with Lid Using Old Stampin' Up! Catalogue

Well I have been burning the midnight oil now for almost a week creating this project.  I wanted a basket with lid in my toilet to put spare toilet rolls in and had not seen anything that I liked so decied I would make one.

An old stampin' up! catalogue cut into 3" strips and rolled using a wooden scewer produced several hundred paper rolls.  These were then tightly rolled using tombow glue, a glue gun and pva glue to make this basket.  I then used coastal cabanna and whisper white ink to give the distressed look and voila.

This project is definately not for the feint-hearted as it was a real labour of love and was very tie consuming and fiddly ensuring all the rolls were tight but the result I am really pleased with.



It goes to prove that nothing goes to waster and even an old catalogue can be recycled into something useful.

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/amethystarcrafting/
allmark.j@sky.com

Have a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment