Saturday 29 October 2016

Stampin Up Oragami Kusudama Ornament

With Christmas just around the corner, I have been making cards and other handcrafted items for the holiday season.  I just love the start of the excitement that Christmas brings and as the clocks go back tonight and the nights will be dark now for the next few months, getting into the craft room has never been more fun.

I am always in search of ideas and like many of us use pintrest and utube to find ideas that I can use and tailor to my own style.  Today's ornament is no different. Oragami is the art of paper folding and there are various different kusudama flowers that put together make great hanging ornaments ideal for the holiday season.

This one is using six pieces of 6"x6" dsp and it is a fairly simple pattern to follow. I used a die cut stamens embellishment from the botanicals to add a little sparkle to the centre of each flower. These could be made in any dsp and decorated in any way to make an ornament. As long as the paper is square could also make smaller ones too.

As a Stampin Up demonstrator you can order products by lclicking the catalogue link above and using me Jane Allmark as your demonstrator of choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment