Sunday 3 April 2016

Stampin Up Creating your own backgrounds.

Morning everyone. What a lovely weekend it is proving to be. Weather has been really spring like with sunshine and the lighter evenings are really fab.

Today I thought I'd talk about backgrounds. Creating a background is fun, easy and totally unique. It is a great way to colour coordinate or to just add a different dimension or texture to a card.

I have recently bought some burlap ribbon. It's a huge one and a quarter inches wide catalogue number 132140 is 4.6m long so if perfect as a border or wide trim on a card. As I'm not too much of a ribbon person as is a little twee for me this burlap is right up my street.
The background I used crumb cake probably the best neutral colour as goes with everything. Primrose petals added the colour accent to tone with the balloon. Pearls and candy dots added the final touch.

Simple, pretty with loads of texture a really fun card to do.

To order follow the catalogue link at top of page to go to Stampin Up official website and when ordering use Jane Allmark as your demonstrator of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment