Tuesday 28 May 2019

How to make a junk journal vintage page with Stampin Up Free As A Bird

My first steps in junk journaling has begun and to create a vintage page I used Stampin Up Free As A Bird with cardboard and brown paper to give it a lovely vintage feel.

I have just created my first junk journal and now it is time to decorate the pages and fill this journal. Having a large craft hoard it was relatively to start making my junk journal.

Items I am collecting and using,
Old Book pages,
Tea dyed paper,
Tea dyed ribbon,
Cardboard packaging,
brown paper,
brown paper envelopes,
patterned paper,
buttons, paper clips, beads and other bits an bobs.

This page was to go over a brown paper envelope tuck opening.

I stamped the Free As A Bird stamps onto the brown paper, coloured with blends and fussy cut out. I used the Rectangle Stitched Framelits and the Nested Labels Dies to cut out the base shapes in recycled carboard packaging and brown paper.

This was then mounted on to a book sheet, torn and distressed with Crumb Cake ink.  I added some lace and buttons to give texture without detracting from the simple brown paper feel of this page.

I have made two step by step video tutorials for you to follow and have a go.  This layout would work for a scrapbooking page as well as to go in a junk journal.






If you are interested in making a junk journal from start to finish I am looking at making a video tutorial, so would appreciate your thoughts if you would like this or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment