Monday 25 October 2021

Breast Cancer Awareness month - helping raise funds for BRAS Frimley Park Hospital

 BRAS - breast research and support is a charity at my local hospital and one of our lovely local boutiques in Farnham Angel Boutique were raising funds by having a Pink Friday event as one of their staff had just been diagnosed and was starting treatment. As I know many friends who are breast cancer survivors I wanted to get involved and help as much as I could.

So I made them a sign, recycled and painted in black acrylic picture frame and the retired Ribbon of Hope bundle from Stampin’ Up! For the pink ribbons.



The black stars were from the current Starlit punch.

I then made some bookmarks and a box of cards, all in pink, for their tombola prizes. The joys of being a crafter is it is always quick and simple to make some prizes


Finally everyone was encouraged to decorate a bra and wear it (over a t shirt of course as it is nearly winter here)  and I had fun with a hot glue gun and some wooden beads.


The response from the local community was fantastic and over £1,000 was raised on the day. It is lovely to be part of a local community that looks at giving back, and I was proud to say that I was part of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment