Friday 16 August 2013

Stampin' Up! Swallowtail

Have you noticed how many butterflies there are in the garden this year.  My flowers are covered with them and the allotment too.  The cabbage white although very pretty is really not my friend as my cabbages and brassica tend to get destroyed really quickly with the eggs and caterpillars.  I am not an expert on all the names of the butterflies but there have been some red admirals and many more.  Maybe the warm weather has had something to do with there being so many and I suppose the lack of rain too.  Whatever the reason they are very pretty.

With this in mind my card today is the swallowtail.  This is a huge stamp with fantastic detail.


 
 
I used just part of the butterfly on this card and then using the fab blender pens and various inks watercoloured the butterfly and then mounted it on some red cardstock.
 

 
This is a monotone card using a retired colour lucky limeade and the blender pens to pick up the colour onto the butterfly.
 
If you enjoy my cards and want to place an order then just drop me a line allmark.j@sky.com
 
Happy stampin'

No comments:

Post a Comment