Thursday 8 September 2016

Stampin Up Bubble technique for great backgrounds

One of the things I love about the Stampin up family is that we share and help each other with techniques and ideas. This bubble technique has been around for a while but something I had not tried but was suggested in a Stampin Up group I belong to.  Always up for a challenge and a new idea to me I set about having a go.

Now like everything there is a certain amount of trial and error until you find a combination that works for you. So this is what works for me.

You will need a container, a small shot glass worked best for me.
A few drops of washing up liquid, some water and reinker of your choice 8/10 drops
A drinking straw.

This is about the right amount of liquid before the reinker is added. Too much and the effect will be diluted.

Blow into the liquid with drinking straw to create bubbles.

Tap your cardstock, I used just normal whisper white, but you could use glossy or coloured.

You will get a lovely bubble pattern. This one was using marina mist.

This one using sweet sugarplum

Use as a background with coordinating cardstock for a really wow card.

For Stampin Up products click on the link above which will take you to the Stampin up website and if you order please use me Jane Allmark as your demonstrator of choice.

Thanks to whoever originally thought of this idea and my fellow demonstrator for suggesting this fab technique to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment