Thursday 24 August 2017

Breast Cancer Card

Hello and welcome to Amethystarcrafting.

Part of being a crafter and making cards is that you get to meet lots of lovely people and get asked to make cards for all sorts of reasons especially if someone can't find or buy a card that says what they want.

Well my dog groomer is one of those people.  In the past 6 months she has had a breast removed which was cancerous and then made the brave decision to have the other healthy breast removed ensuring that the cancer could not return.  In between this period she ran a duathalon to raise funds for a support group for breast cancer survivors.

I donated several cards for this cause and then the other day I received this letter from her.

"Hiya my love, I would like to give my surgeon a thank you card but can't find anything crazy enough for me and thought of you. Could you make me one? Needs to be funny and covered  in boobs or pancakes.  The crazier the better you know me he needs to be howling with laughter"

She gave me the words she wanted on the card and so with the Labeller Alphabet stamp set that side was sorted.  I played around with a few ideas and wanted a comical cartoon style pair of breasts on the front and then inside the removed breasts bouncing off the card. I used a retired set with smiley faces as I wanted the comical side to shine through.

When I showed her the card she laughed out loud and said it was perfect.

Breast cancer is a devasting horrible disease so for her to have this wonderful strength of character and personality I was proud to be able to help.

Three circles cut in powder pink card stock and sponged in the same coloured ink.  The bra was a circle cut in half and edged in trim.

Labeller Alphabet for the words. The bouncing boobs was from a retired smiley stamp which I stamped in powder pink.

For all my UK subscribers I am sure you will understand the humour and for my other subscribers from around the world boob and tit are light hearted terms for breasts.

I wanted to share this project with everyone as I was exceptionally proud and humbled at being asked to make something that was so personal between a patient and their surgeon.

I am happy to make cards and projects for any occasion so please get in touch if you are struggling to find the card you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment