Monday 26 August 2019

Stuffed Envelope Swap Challenge with a Shabby Chic Feel.

I love doing swap challenges and over on the Joy of Sets Facebook Group there are always swaps and challenges going on. Shabby Chic is a style that I don't follow so this was going to be a challenge, but it is good to come out of your comfort zone and try something different.

At the time of writing this I have no idea who my swap partner will be, but as sometimes is the case, swappers don't always swap back, so I thought I would let you all see what I was sending and to keep a record for myself to look back on in the future.

So this is the completed stuffed envelope and it is full of lace and soft colours for the shabby chic feel.

The envelope was made with a 9" x 9" piece of cardstock folded corner to corner and then the flaps turned back to made several pockets.  I die cut some white butterflies, added a lace punch border round the edge of the pockets and finished it with some blue and lace ribbon.

There had to be a ribbon share, so I took a piece of cardstock and wrapped half a yard of 9 different types of ribbon width ways and then added a tenth and 11th piece of lace and twine vertically to hold it all together.  This was then put in a hand made envelope decorated with a doily and a tag.  Both these were left loose so the recipient can use them again.

The doily was held in place with some lace ribbon and the ribbons just poke out of the top so the recipient can see what they are.

Part of the swap rules was to add some die cuts and punched elements so I made some hand made envelopes from patterned paper and then filled them with an assortment of goodies and finished the envelope with another tucked in doilie and a couple of tags tied with some more ribbon.

Another little envelope filled with embellishments and other homemade bits an tied with ribbon over a free standing doilie that can be used afterwards.


A couple of tags and a journaling page or photo matt finished the project off.  I really enjoyed making these ad although was quite time consuming and took me a week or so doing a little element a day in between my other crafting project it was great fun and I do so hope my recipient whoever it may be will enjoy and get to use all of the little pieces inside.









No comments:

Post a Comment