Tuesday 6 August 2019

Upcycling Paper Napkins - DIY Create Your Own Candle Designs.

I enjoy upcycling where I can and when I was given a pretty napkin at a recent Crafternoon Tea I knew exactly what I was going to do with them, decorate a candle.

This is a really simple project and takes only a few minutes to create a beautiful decorated candle.

What you need : -
A candle - choose a candle that is pure and the colour goes right to the core of the candle. Coated candles do not work with this technique.

Greaseproof paper - can easily buy this at most supermarkets

A Heat tool - heat the gun up first before using to ensure candle melts evenly.

Paper napkins of your choice.  Separate the napkin so you are using just one layer. Most napkins are 2 or 3 ply which means they are made up of several layers stuck together, but can be easily pulled apart

Watch the step by step video tutorial and then give it a go.  It really is such a simple technique and creates a beautiful gift for someone or just keep it for yourself.



1 comment:

  1. I’ve tried the napkin idea and my candles caught on fire. What am I doing wrong. Followed directions.

    ReplyDelete