Friday 15 August 2014

Allotment Fun.


Am sooooo excited as I have been growing butternut squash for the first time.  I bought a packet of seeds and thought I would have a go at growing them not knowing what the results would be.


I now have 6 perfectly formed little squash that are swelling and growing each day ready to be picked in the autumn when they have turned a buttery yellow colour.

I have also been growing pumpikins for samhain/halloween and again they are doing well.  Lovely and green as they start to swell turning to the gorgeous orange as the leaves start to turn in the autumn.


Having an allotment is so rewarding as each day the produce changes and grows.  I am kept in homegrown veggies for the most part of the year.  Healthy, good for me and with no chemicals in sight.

Have a fun day whatever you are doing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment