Cookie Cutter Christmas Stamp Set. is a fabulous Christmas stamp set with lots of images to create some fun cards. Christmas for me can be classical and I love giving traditional cards, but sometimes it is nice to give and make fun cards with a comical feel.
Many of my friends including me are dog fans and I have the sweetest little girl called Luna who is a black and white cockapoo. She is a really goofy little character and she was the inspiration behind these Christmas cards.
How to make comical dog Christmas card
- Clearance Rack. Christmas dsp. A square and an oval die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
- Sentiment Oh What Fun from the stamp set Oh What Fun stamp set.
- Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set the reindeer stamped in Chocolate Chip ink an cut out using the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch.
- Stamp the father Christmas image for the hat.
- I coloured both of the dogs using the new Stampin Blends which are alcohol markers which launch November 1st
These are twin tipped alcohol markers which come in 12 of our Stampin Up colours. There are two of each colour one light and one dark for seamless blending which makes 24 in total. There are also a bronze and ivory which are great for skintones and a colour lifter for adding highlights and removing any colour.
These are going to be available 1st November so come back then and order them. Stampin Blends are going to be the easiest and seamless way to colour so if you haven't tried colouring before with alcohol markers these are going to be a great way to start.
Making the Comical Dog Card.
- Stamp the reindeer image in Chocolate Chip ink
- Stamp the Santa in Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive ink
- Punch the reindeer image out and with our paper snip remove the antlers
- Cut the Santa hat from the stamped Santa image
- Using Crumb Cake light and dark and the bronze Stampin Blends colour the dog image
- Do the same with the Santa hat in Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler.
- Using dimensionals (the mini ones) are great for small images like the hat.
The fun thing about this comical dog card is the dogs ears. By snipping off the ears and then putting them at different angles you can create different types of dogs. I have kept one as the stamp printed and then the other one I have made a hanging pair of ears and in the first card I put the ears coming out of the top of the hat.. This gives each dog a different look.
Don't forget the inside of the card. There is a lovely little paw image in the Foxy Friends stamp set whcih I used to add paw prints on the inside of the card with another sentiment from the Oh What Fun Christmas stamp set.
Christmas is such a fun time and there is nothing like sharing the love with this comical dog card. Hope you^ll have a go at making this card to put a smile on family and friends faces this Christmas. All supplies can be bought by clicking the highlighted links or going to my SHOP button at the top of the page.
Thank you all for your custom and following this blog if you haven't already please subscribe as I post regular card and project ideas and videos to help inspire your crafting.
Ill leave you with a picture of my fun goofy little dog who inspired me to make this dog card and brings a smile to my face every day.