How to make a festive candle holder
Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas and cards have been made and sent, presents and gifts bought and wrapped or ready to be, so there is time to sit and make some fun items for the festive table.
The great thing about this project is it uses lots of scraps and leftovers.
List of Items for Festive candle holder
- Ribbon and Trim. Scraps of any ribbon you may have left over. I used red and gold and attached the red ribbon with our Tear and Tape adhesive. and stuck it round the rim first and then adhered the red ribbon and tied the gold ribbon over the top.
- Leaf Punch. this is just the perfect punch to create leaves in any colour you wish. I used scraps of gold, silver and glimmer paper and adhered them with our mini dimensionals making sure that each stalk was covered by the next leaf.
- for the inside I used some gold washi tape for the rim and a circle of Cherry Cobbler with one of our delicate white doilies. and then embellished it with some metallic sequins.
- The glass pot was a recycled pot originally filled with a chocolate dessert however any small glass container would work.
- The candle is a battery operated tea light with a flickering flame ideal for this type of project as a naked flame tea light is not recommended.
I finished the project with a little die cut snowflake and a rhinestone.
So with a few scraps and a recycled glass pot you can create a lovely festive table decoration, or make a gift box and give it as an extra stocking filler.
So I hope that all your festivities are filled with fun, love and joy. I would just like to give a big THANK YOU to all my followers, customers and friends for all their support during 2017 and I hope that 2018 brings everything that you wish for.
Don't forget 3rd January 2018 is the start of Sale-a-bration. A great way to start the new year with lots of FREEBIES. If you haven't received the new brochures then just get in touch as I'd love to be your demonstrator.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.