Thursday 18 July 2019

Artist Trading Coins ATC swap challenge - anything goes

Artist Trading Coins are 2 1/2 circles decorated with little works of art in whatever style you choose. Join me for a swap challenge with an "anything goes theme".

What do I need to do to join in?
Make a series of artist trading coins minimum of 1 and no more than 6. Pop them in an envelope and post them to me . DONT FORGET TO ADD YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS SO THAT I CAN SEND SOME BACK TO YOU. I will post anywhere in the world as being small and light the postage will be kept to a minimum wherever you are based.

Jane Allmark
14 Adams Park Road,
Farnham
Surrey
GU9 9QG
UK

For every one I receive I will send you one back (so if you send 6, I will send 6 back)

On the back of each coin you need to put the following information

Artist Trading Coins

Created by ………………….. (Your name)

..……………………… (the name of your blog,craft name or who you go by e.g Amethystarcrafting is my craft name)

Title...………………….. (Anything Goes)

Date...……………..

This first challenge "Anything goes" will run until the 31st August and every coin I receive I will show on my blog as well as over on my YouTube channel.

The second challenge and subsequent challenges will run monthly from the 1st to the end of each month and I will choose a different theme.

Card...…………………….. 1of 1 (or however many you have made 1 of 6 )

Why should I take part?
Well it's fun. Shares creativity round the world. I will show your coins on my blog and YouTube channel so promoting your name, and above all I think spreading the love of creative art brings joy to everyone who not only makes, but also receives.

Here is an example of some Artist Trading Coins to give you some ideas.

You can use patterned paper dsp, sponging, masking, die cuts, colouring, really anything goes as long as it will fit on a 2 1/2" circle.

Here is a set of 6 made from strips and pieces of white card which I coloured with various alcohol markers, die cut some butterflies and then added some tiny words. 

I would be delighted if you would all join in and have some fun in making these little works of art.  It is a great way to use your creativity in a small size.  Use different techniques and styles, they make a great reference library to build up of different styles and techniques.

I've made a video tutorial which will hopefully give some ideas and get your creativity flowing and am really excited to start a swap/share that will hopefully span the globe.



Have fun and look forward to seeing your Artist Trading Coins.







10 comments:

  1. I’m in - yay great a swap I haven’t had to organise 😂 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, happy to have you on board and thanks for your support as always x

      Delete
  2. This sounds like fun. I'll join.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky. Glad you want to join in and look forward to seeing your Artist Trading Coins. Have fun x

      Delete
  3. I love this! And love the small swap number ( and choice if that number, to boot!)
    I'm in!
    And excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. Yes you can make one or up to six, the choice is yours. Would love to see your creations and thanks for joining in x

      Delete
  4. I LOVE THIS! I have been looking for a swap that really caught my fancy and yours definitely does that! I just have a question - when you say send anywhere from 1 to 6, do you mean send all different ones or however many of the same? In other words, are we all swapping with you? So, if that is the case, obviously, we would send all different coins. Just want to clarify that. I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio, in the USA. So excited about this. Thanks. I don't know how I will see your reply, but my email is vonn5716@cinci.rr.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vonn, Yes you can send me just one coin or up to 6 coins and to ensure that you get sent swaps back it is me that will be sending my swaps back to you. I hope you see this but if not I will email you too. Thanks for taking part in the swap challenge and look forward to receiving your coins. x

      Delete
  5. Thank you Jane, received your awesome coins in our trade and I love them!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, have you picked a subject for the next 2 months please, I'm looking forward to making some. Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete