Saturday 8 July 2017

Stampin Up Love Today Planner How To Protect it when Transporting.

Stampin Up Love Today Planner How to Protect it when Transporting.

Hello everyone. Yesterday I showed you how I was going to use my planner as a portable craft room and keep as many samples of everything Stampin Up in it as I could.

Today I am answering the many queries that people have asked about how to carry around you Love Today Planner, in the car or in a handbag without it getting battered.  When the Love Today Planner arrives it comes in a very sturdy cardboard box. Do not throw this away as with a little thought it can become the perfect storage solution.

Firstly I painted the outside edges with white Gesso (a chalky finish artists paint) and let it dry thoroughly.  I also painted inside the flap opening of the box and any areas that might show so the brown cardboard was painted.  The I took two full sheets of dsp.  Now as I wanted mine to coordinate
with the Love Today Planner I used some retired dsp in Night of Navy although any dsp would work.
Two sheets it perfect to cut a front, back, top, bottom and two sides. Measure your box and then cut accordingly.  To make the dsp even sturdier I painted the whole thing with PVA glue (mod podge) and then left it overnight to dry.

For decoration I used the daisy punch, some stickers and some die cut letters (Timeless Type Alphabet is retired) the Large Letters Framelits would work perfectly.

Decorating is a real personal choice and with so many lovely Stampin Up products to choose from you can make it a real work of art.  I am going to look for a gold magnetic clasp to fasten then top to make it more secure and I may use decorate the other sides.

So now I can transport my Love Today Planner and know that it will stay in pristine condition as I have a fun box to carry it in.

If you haven't already, please subscribe to my blog as I will be showing more ways to put together the Love Today Planner to work as a portable craft room to show off all our lovely products.


If you haven't already bought your Love Today Planner then pop over to my shop or click the highlighted link above and order yours today.

Thanks for dropping by and see you again soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment