Saturday 4 May 2019

#JOSTTT05 Challenge Blog - Jane Allmark Amethystarcrafting Design Team Member

Hello and welcome to May #JOSTTT05 blog challenge.

The Grid for this month is
and I chose the middle line Flowers, Tree and Yellow.  Spring is well under way and the trees are in full bloom with all sorts of different coloured blossom.

One of my favourite Stamp Sets is SHELTERING TREE STAMP SET. As we move into the launch of our new catalogue in June 2019 unfortunately they have to make room for the new, so some of the old favourites get returned.  Sheltering Tree is one of those retiring so if you love it as much as I do, buy it now (while stocks last) as once it's gone it's gone.

So I sponged a background in Crushed Curry having made a mask using the Rectangle Stitched dies and then stamped the tree in black and added the blossom in Crushed Curry.  A few little flowers punched and curled with a little twinkly gem in the centre finished the card.

So I hope I have given you some inspiration. If you want to have a go and join in on the challenge then just follow the link HERE

Every month the winner gets to be a guest designer on the next challenge and gets a winner's badge to display on their blog. You never know it could be you next month.

Have fun x

Here is a video tutorial showing using Sheltering Tree with a different colour palate and showing the background sponging technique. Enjoy.



7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jane - I've realised I have a shortage of tree stamps - which I find really hard to believe! I love the way you've added the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I just love trees and the flowers just worked for the lovely tree blossom we have now Spring is here x

      Delete
  2. So pretty Jane. Just love the colours and isn't the font just gorgeous on that sentiment stamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. Yes am going to miss this stamp set and the font was to die for x

      Delete
  3. Such a cheerful card for this retiring stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, Yes sad to see this one go, but lots of exciting things on the way x

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your nice comment on my owl card. The background is feathers not leaves.

    ReplyDelete