Saturday 4 February 2017

Thought process of a crafting idea from disaster to yes that works.

So I had an idea using the frog from the hostess set Love you Lots and the superhero from the Everyday  Hero set to make a super hero frog. The idea of the character worked well and I was really pleased with the two frothy figures, one standing and the other flying with his cape, but creating a card with these images proved to be more difficult.

The first card I tried  just did not work. I put it on a red background and teamed it with some other images but quite frankly it was a disaster. This is part of the fun process in coming up with new ideas and working through a thought process until it comes together. So I ended up die cutting the images with the stitched frame thinlets, my absolute favourite die set at the moment and mounted on black and green which popped the image. I fussy cut the flying frog and mounted that over the sentiment. With a bit of ribbon from the clearance rack, domcheck it out lots of fab clearance items at knockdown prices and eureka success.

Both these sets and the stitched dies are available through the shop button above so take a look as we are in Saleabration at the moment somfir every £45 spent you can choose a free product for the Saleabration brochure.

Stamping is full of successes and failures and great cards and not so great cards, the real fun happens when you turn a not so great card into one you can be proud of. So glad I persevered as love this finished card.




No comments:

Post a Comment