Saturday 17 March 2018

Stampin Up Zany Zentangle card using Beautiful Day and Stampin Blends

Hello and welcome to Amethystarcrafting. My name is Jane Allmark and I'm a UK Stampin Up Demonstrator.

Today has been a horrible cold snowy day here in the UK so I took myself off to my craftroom and with the BEAUTIFUL DAY stamp set and the Stampin Blends alcohol markers in CHERRY COBBLER DARKBERMUDA BAY DARK, and Pool Party and Pink Pirouette in the light I created this fun Zentangle card.


So what is Zentange? Well Wikipedia describes it as
The Zentangle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Almost anyone can use it to create beautiful images. It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being.

Now I am by no means an expert, in fact I would class myself as a beginner, but it is great fun and very relaxing.  I love the way the butterfly turned out with the background and by using the Bermuda Bay and Cherry Cobbler it gives  quite a trendy and different card.

The The STAMPIN WRITE BLACK MARKER. is perfect for drawing out the patterns as it has a lovely fine tip (a brush tip on the other end too) and being a water based marker it means that when you colour with the Stampin Blends it doesn't bleed (alchohol and water don't mix)

So why don't you give it a go? Lots of Zentangle tutorials online and then just have fun.  How about trying the flower image in the Beautiful Day stamp set?

Whatever you are doing today. have fun and stay safe and warm. Spring is on its way, I hope, and warmer sunnier days are ahead.





No comments:

Post a Comment