Friday 16 November 2018

How to create a beautiful flower card #simplestamping then step it up & add dimension.

As a Stampin Up Demonstrator you are given so many tools to help customers and fellow demonstrators, so I thought I would share with you some recent research Stampin Up conducted from around the world, asking customers and demonstrators what type of crafter they were.

As stampers and crafters most of us fit into 3 different categories or float somewhere between them all.
  1. New Crafters - people who are new to crafting and stamping, have limited or no supplies and are keen to learn, but not be overwhelmed with complicated techniques using high budget tools like the Big Shot, which they don't want to invest in immediately to be able to craft.
  2.  The Casual Crafter - people who craft once a month or less, make cards and projects for specific occasions like a birthday or anniversary and enjoy step by step easy to follow ideas to make these projects.
  3. The Avid Crafter - crafting is their passion and they spend every spare moment doing it. They are avid  collectors, want  to have it all, craft daily or weekly and like to use every technique and tool available. Have plenty of ideas themselves but enjoy hunting out the latest technique, style and tools to add to their collection.
So I sit somewhere between the Casual and Avid crafter.  My passion is crafting and I turn to it most every day.  It is my "me" time where I can lose myself for an hour or two with my paper, ink and stamps and create something beautiful.  I would love it all, if my budget would allow, and do enjoy trying new ideas and techniques.

Where do you fit? I would love to know all your thoughts,so do leave me a comment and let me know.

So with this in mind I thought I would try and show you some projects which would fit into several of these categories. This card takes a single layer card using minimal supplies, a stamp set Floral Frames, two ink pads Mossy Meadow & Flirty Flamingo, one E block and an Aquapainter. Yes you will need some cardstock and I used Whisper White and should you chose to add a matt of Mint Macaron.

The stepped up version of this card uses some scissors (I used our Paper Snips as they have lovely sharp points) to cut out some of the images to add some dimension and then added a few Metallic Pearls to the centre of each flower.

So if you ant to have a go at making this card just follow my step by step video tutorial and make either the simple one layer card or step it up and do some cutting out and add some texture and dimension.





To buy any of the products mentioned have a browse at my shop HERE. To all my customers I appreciate each and every one of you and it is lovely that you are enjoying all the wonderful products that Stampin Up has to offer.

Fancy becoming a demonstrator and being part of the world wide Stampin Up Family and being part of my team then have a look at the Join page at the top of this blog or click on my picture to join now. I am here to offer you all the support you need and answer any questions.  I joined and became a demonstrator because I wanted the discount on the products I loved and now over 2 years later I am still loving it as much as the day I joined, have learned so much and gained some lovely friends and fellow crafters along the way.


2 comments:

  1. I like to think I am between a casual and avid crafter too Jane, I love Paper crafting and so happy I found Stampin Up 5 years ago.
    Love that you can take a card, then step it up to make it more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracy. I too have been a demo for 5 years with a little break 3 years ago. Stampin Up is such a great company and their products are amazing. #simplestamping is fun to do and then step it up means all styles of crafters can enjoy the stamp set and get ideas x

    ReplyDelete