Saturday 16 March 2019

The Joy Of Sets March 2019 Easter Blog Hop - Jane Allmark AMETHYSTARCRAFTING

Hello and welcome to the Joy of Sets March 2019 Easter Blog Hop.

The theme for this hop is Easter and a 3D project. This has to have been one of the most difficult challenges for me.  I don't really celebrate Easter and now that the children have grown and flown the nest don't really do Easter eggs either. I'm not a one for 3D projects as am more of a card maker. I make the odd box to put things in but 3D help! So after a lot of procrastinating and 'umming and 'erring I came up with a 3D framed card with free hanging butterflies. Well the butterflies are secretly added to some acetate to make them look as if they free hanging.

THE RECTANGLE STITCHED FRAMELITS DIES
are the perfect frame for this techniques and I cut out three, using dimensionals between each layer for height and to add the butterflies in between.

BEAUTY ABOUNDS is a lovely stamp set and the pretty swirl stamped round the frame and coloured with our blends was perfect.

I took a couple of butterflies from the Beauty Abounds and Butterfly Gala added onto acetetate strip to add the floating butterfly element.

Teeny Tiny Sentiments is perfect for those little sentiments and I chose the Happy Easter. Although this is retired it is my go to for sentiments that I don't have elsewhere. The Happy Easter fitted perfectly at the bottom of the frame.

So a 3D Easter card for a friend, was finished and as Joy of Sets is all about making friendships with crafters around the world, it all came together perfectly.

So now it's time to hop around and see some of the other creativity from our fellow hoppers.

Go back to Andrea Parr HERE



Go forward to Karen Pearman HERE

Enjoy the hop and have fun.



18 comments:

  1. What a stunning project Jane. I just love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is so elegant thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone that doesn't do 3D, you made a great project! Very pretty card, and I love to use the acetate as well, to make things float and fly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Liza, I suppose there are so many boxes and baskets out there it is difficult to find something different, which is why I struggle, so this was a different take. Having hopped round though there are so many lovely projects, so I think this is yet another great hop x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love framed art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to have a go. My best friend needs a little cheering up, she adores butterflies, so this would make her so happy. Thank you. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Do give it a try as it does make such a pretty frame and you can use whatever stamp set you wish x

      Delete
  7. It's beautiful Jane! Thank you for such a gorgeous project to try x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Jane - I don't do Easter either as you know but I do do chocolate! - I love this frame - it's not something I've done in a long time so thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, Oh yes now I do chocolate too, but all year round lol x

      Delete
  9. love the sentiment and the floating butterflies so lovely.

    ReplyDelete