Saturday 2 March 2019

The Joy of Sets #JOSTTT003 Designed by Jane Allmark

Well how exciting it is my month in the Joy of Sets Tic Tac Toe challenge. It is our 3rd month and is March 2019

The layout I chose was all the things I love most. Nature has to be the middle as everything to do with nature, from trees to mountains, flowers to animals, the nature that surrounds us all is a wonder that can be easily transferred to our crafts.

Green, is one of my favourite colours to use in my card making as there are so many shades and hues too chose from and can be toned with almost any other colour.

Water colouring, with our AQUA PAINTER with inks, pencils or markers, is easy to achieve and creates some lovely washes and effects.

Rectangles - RECTANGLE STITCHED FRAMELITS DIES are my new go to. With 13 different stitched rectangles they can be used for so much.

Layers, pearls and embellishments finish off any card and dsp or patterned paper well who doesn't like some pretty papers on a card.

So what did I choose you ask?  Everything, except the patterned paper, but I did create my own for the background.

Green - Old Olive and Mint Macaron for the trees.
Water Colouring - in Old Olive under the trees.
Sparkle - Copper embossing for the trees and splashed Wink of Stella across the whole image
Embellishments - little flowers and die cut love from Well Written Framelits dies
Nature - the trees and mountains from Let It Ride and Waterfront stamp sets
Layers - framed picture on tree background, matted on white card base.
Patterned Paper - created by own with the trees from Let It Ride
Pearls - the centre of the flowers are with the Gold Metallic pearls.

As it was my month I thought I could indulge myself and work with everything on the grid.

So why not have a go with the challenge and show me what you can come up with. Join in HERE

If you are chosen as the winner you get to be a guest designer on the following month. So if you enjoy challenges then have a go.

For  a simpler way to use this layout on a one layer card have a look at this step by step video tutorial in some lovely purples





10 comments:

  1. Wow Jane you covered the whole grid! Well done you and how beautiful is the result?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. Well it was my month so thought it just had to be done. x

      Delete
  2. Great choices for the grid Jane and wow brilliant on using all of them - I might have to have another go and see if I can do them all too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, well I did have all the things I like being my grid so I sort of had an idea as all of my favourite things x

      Delete
  3. LOL!!! You did what I had thought of doing, Jane!!! Absolutely LOVE your card and your inspiring grid! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, enjoyed choosing every that I love so really had to use everything x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card, Jane! That copper embossing powder adds something special! And great job creating a fun grid this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I'm so glad you liked it and I really enjoyed doing the grid for this month x

      Delete
  5. Blimey all the grid on one card - how clever, love the sparkly trees! Thanks for a great grid this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Susan, I thought heat embossing a row of trees in the copper just finished it off nicely x

    ReplyDelete