Tuesday 14 January 2014

Stampin' Up! Decorated Mirror

I managed to pick up a bargain in the January sales which was a heart shaped mirror.  The frame however was very battered and in a ghastly black so I thought I would re-vamp it.  The process was all about building up layers.  I started with some stampin' up! designer series paper which I tore in small pieces and adhered to the mirror  with lots of pva glue.  This had to be done in several stages allowing 24 hours for the glue to dry properly and leave the paper smoothly adhered to the mirror with no gaps.  I then used some gold to brush over the frame to give an antique feel.  I am very lucky that I have lots of antique buttons which were part of my late mum's sewing collection, which I attached to the mirror to give an eclectic mix of colour.  The inside of the frame I covered with some handmade lace again from my late mother's collection.  The result is a completely revamped mirror which now takes pride of place in my hallway.


Crafting is all about diversity and I love being creative in making other things as well as cards and paper products.

Happy crafting everyone andhave a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment