Thursday 18 October 2018

How to create a stunning background using Stampin Up Brusho, Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint & Winter Woods

Creating backgrounds for cards can be great fun and easy to achieve lots of different looks.  In this tutorial and accompanying video I have used great quality watercolour paper as my base.  By using a good heavy weight water colour paper you achieve some lovely results as the water does not pill or breakdown the paper, which can happen if you use an inferior paper.

Brusho, five little pots of concentrated powdered ink, in this first example I have just used the Brilliant Red.  I will also show you in a further blog another lovely example using the Prussian Blue, so pop back to see this.

Vegsas Gold Shimmer Paint adds the gold shimmer and tones in beautifully with the Brusho.

To make the little frames I used the Stitched Shapes Framelitswhich are gorgeous circles, squares and oval dies, four of each shape with a pretty stitched border.

and finally the gorg0eus Winter Woods Bundle. If you love everything trees, then this is the bundle for you.

So here is a step by step video tutorial to show you how to make this lovely background and frame to put it in.  Please look at subscribing to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any up and coming videos.  I post regularly and have over 100 current videos with lots of tips and ideas for your crafting.



Thank you for stopping by and look forward to seeing you again soon.  Oh don't forget I will be posting another tutorial showing you what I did with the Prussian Blue Brusho with the Shimmer paint.  If you love snowflakes then you won't want to miss this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment