Tuesday 5 February 2013

Box of goodies

I am so lucky to have some really kind and generous friends.  The lovely Lynne recently gave me a big box full of stamps and a bit like a child in a sweet shop I have been playing with a few.  The stamps were unmounted so I have been a bit creative and mounted them on some pieces of laminate flooring as the spare room is being decorated and I had all this flooring left over.  They are the perfect depth and saw up easily into perfect pieces to mount the stamps on.  I have always been extremely thrifty and up cycling the old boards for my freebie stamps meant I have increased my stash and not spent a penny.

So to the first card -

 
These stamps have a beautiful vintage feel with I thin 1920's fashion.  I water coloured the images in purple and then mounted them on some purple card stock.  Very simple but the stamps sort of spoke for themselves & I didn't want to make it too busy.
 
 
This again is a lovely vintage fashion stamp with lots of parasols, carefully water coloured in to give a more bright and colourful feel. 
 
Simply beautiful stamps I am so lucky and can't wait to play around with some more.
 
Thanks for looking :))
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment