Thursday 7 February 2013

Nellie Nellie Pukadunk

When I was a little girl there was a song that my mother used to sing to me "Nellie the elephant packed her trunk and said goodbye to the circus, off she went with a trumpety trump, trump, trump trump". I could never remember or say the words being only small, so I would say, " mummy,mummy sing me the Nellie Nellie pukadunk song.  Although my darling mother is no longer with us every time I see an elephant I am reminded of her.  So this card is dedicated to my mum on Valentine's day as she is always in my heart.



I cut out the elephants using the same designer series paper having stamped them. Linked them so each trunk was holding a tail, took the branch from the bird punch & made each leaf co-ordinate with the elephant's print. With pearls for the elephants eyes and on the leaves it added a little shimmer. The clouds were used with the blossom punch sponged round the edges in ink with the co-ordinating colours.  The sentiment well "good times, simple pleasures" was my memories of my mother singing to me.

Hope you like it and as always happy crafting and thanks for dropping by.

My email is allmark.j@sky.com if you would like to buy any Stampin' Up products

http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. so gorgeous, so love those super cute elephants and such a sweet sentiments!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete