Thursday 31 January 2013

Flower pendant

Something I have been experimenting with recently is making jewellery and beads using Stampin' Up! products.  I had seen someone using washers to make jewellery so thought I would try my own twist and see what happened.  I took the Stampin' Up blossom punch and cut it into pieces to make some petals and design a flower.  With a bit of inking round the edges and on the cardstock a flower was created.  I then used crystal effects a really good lacquer which dries clear and has an easy use nozzle and with the help of a soft paintbrush a built the flower on the washer. Oh before that I embossed some sparkly glitter to the washer to give it a little sparkle.



Really pleased with the finished pendant which I will put on a nice cord (have just used this twine for the photo as it was all I had to hand) Have got a few other ideas and will be trying them out over the next few weeks.  It is a really inexpensive idea as I bought a pack of washers at the hardware store for a couple of pounds and there are 12 so can make some lovely gifts and wear some myself.

Hope you enjoy.

Stampin' Up! have lots of crafty products which I would be happy to share with you all if you want to expand your crafting stash. Email me at allmark.j@sky.com for a catalogue and for every £45 spent before 22nd March you can chose some great freebies too.

1 comment: